- All Sundown Marathon 2017 participants must submit their registration and entry fee payment online through the event website: www.sundownmarathon.com.
- Registration is only confirmed upon successful payment and issuance of a confirmation email.
- Upon successful registration, there will be no refund of entry fees for any reason.
- The Race Organiser shall not be responsible for any disputes arising from incomplete entry details.
- The Race Organiser reserves the right to limit and refuse entries without assigning any reasons thereof.
- The Participant agrees to: (i) provide true, accurate, current and complete information about the Participant contained in the registration form (the “Personal Information”); and (ii) maintain and promptly update the Personal Information to keep it true, accurate, current and complete. The Race Organiser may contact the Participant from time to time by email/phone call. Any notice sent to the email address registered with the Race Organiser shall be deemed as received by the Participant.
- If the Participant provides any information that is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, or if the Race Organiser has grounds to suspect that such information is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, the Race Organiser may suspend or terminate the Participant’s registration and refuse any and all future use of the Official Website (or any parts thereof).
- No changes to registration details once registration is completed. (Exemption would only be made for crucial details, e.g. Emergency contact person)
- All race entries are based on a first-come first-served basis unless otherwise stated.
- Each individual is only allowed to participate in one competitive category.
- A participant must be 18 years and above on the race day (25 March 2017) to participate in either the Half Marathon or Full Marathon race category.
- A participant must be 16 years and above on the race day (25 March 2017) to participate in either the 10KM Challenge Individual or Team of 4 race category.
- A participant must be between 13 to 17 years on the race day (25 March 2017) to participate in the 5KM Fun Run (Youth) race category.
- A participant must be 18 years and above on the race day (25 March 2017) to participate in the 5KM Fun Run (Adult) race category.
- Any participant between 6 to 12 years on the race day (25 March 2017) must accompanied by a REGISTERED 5KM Fun Run (Adult) race category participant.
- Any Participant below the age of 18 is required to seek parental/guardian consent and complete the relevant indemnity form when registering online, failing which the Race Organiser reserves the right to refuse entry to that Participant.
- Any participant below the age of 18 must submit the signed indemnity form during the Race Entry Pack Collection, failing which the Race Organiser reserves the right to refuse entry to that participant.
- Participants can choose to participate either as an individual or as part of a team. The race categories for individual and team participation are as follow:
Full Marathon (42.195KM) Women’s Open
Full Marathon (42.195KM) Men’s Open
Half Marathon (21.1KM) Women’s Open
Half Marathon (21.1KM) Men’s Open
10KM Challenge Women’s Open
10KM Challenge Men’s Open
5KM Fun Run (Adult) (18 years old and above as of race day)
5KM Fun Run (Youth) (13 – 17 years old as of race day)
5KM Fun Run (kids) (6 – 12 years old as of race day)
10KM Challenge Team of 4 (Mixed)
10KM Challenge Team of 4 (Male)
10KM Challenge Team of 4 (Female)
RACE ENTRY PACK COLLECTION
- All Participants must collect their race entry pack (the “Race Entry Pack”) which includes the race bib, timing device, Event Singlet, and other novelties at the Race Entry Pack Collection location (“REPC”) during the collection period (“Collection Period”), of which details will be stated on the Official Website. If Participants are unable to collect their Race Entry Pack in person, they may authorize a representative in accordance with the procedure detailed on the Official Website.
- Late collection will not be entertained and the Race Organiser shall not be liable for any other loss or inconvenience caused, due to Participants’ inability to collect their Race Entry Pack. For avoidance of doubt, the Race Organiser is not obliged to extend the collection period or to ensure that a Participant receives his or her Race Entry Pack. At all times, it is the responsibility of the Participant to collect his or her Race Entry Pack during the Collection Period. Race Entry Packs not collected during the Collection Period will be deemed to be unwanted, and the Race Organiser shall be at liberty to dispose or re-distribute them accordingly.
- All registered runners are solely responsible for their personal possessions and athletic equipment during the Event and its related activities.
- The Race Organiser will not be responsible for any loss and/or damage, personal or otherwise, to the belongings and items deposited at the baggage deposit facility. The Race Organiser also reserves the right to open and examine any item or baggage deposited for security purpose.
- Only registered runners wearing their assigned Bib Number will be allowed on the race course. Race Bibs are strictly non-transferable. The Race Organiser reserves the right to disqualify and/or refuse entry into the start pen for entries that had been transferred.
- The Race Bib MUST be centrally positioned at the front of the race tee and MUST be worn throughout the entire race. The Bib Number MUST be visible at all times. The form on the reverse side of the Participant’s race bib must be fully and accurately completed. Do not cut or fold or deface the Race Bib with stickers, markers or any writing on it, doing so will result in a disqualification.
- Race Timings will be recorded using the MY LAPS Timing Chip, an electronic chip that is attached to the back of the Race Bib (Available for 10KM Challenge Individual and Team of 4, Half Marathon and Full Marathon runners only). Race Timings will not be recorded for the 5KM Fun Run Kids, Youth and Adult participants as it is not a timed race.
- Runners are to use their Timing Chip correctly. Runners who wear the Timing Chips incorrectly (or not at all), or if they are not recorded at one of the mats, will not be able to receive their finishing timings or results (Available for 10KM Challenge Individual and Team of 4, Half Marathon and Full Marathon runners only). The Timing Chip is not applicable to 5KM Fun Run Kids, Youth and Adult participants as it is not a timed race.
- In order to ensure a smooth start for all 21.1KM Half Marathon and 42.195KM Full Marathon participants, participants are to select their estimated finishing time (as follow) to help us better allocate runners into the right wave. Remember, the MY LAPS Timing Chip will give you both your Gun Time and Nett Time.
21.1KM Half Marathon
Between 2:00HRS to 2:30HRS
42.195KM Full Marathon
Between 4:00HRS to 5:00HRS
- 10KM Challenge Individual and Team of 4 participants are strongly encouraged to seed themselves into the start pen according to their projected pace. The faster runners should be at the front and slower runners should be at the back.
- Race timings will still be issued to the aforesaid Participants (“DQ” would be indicated in the timing issued). They will NOT be issued their e-Certificate of Participation as they will be deemed disqualified. The e-Certificate of Participation is not applicable to 5KM Fun Run Kids, Youth and Adult participants as it is not a timed race category.
- Registered Runners who missed the flag-off time of their category will not be allowed to participate and will automatically be disqualified from the race. No refund will be offered to registered runners who missed their race flag-off.
- Wheeled devices including, but not limited to, jogging strollers, walking strollers, roller blades, bicycles, scooters, wheelchairs and skateboards, are not permitted on the course, except for official race and medical vehicles
- Pets (horses, dogs, cats or other animals) will not be allowed on the course and race site or village on race day.
- The Race Organiser reserves the right to remove any participant deemed, in the Race Organiser’s sole discretion, physically incapable of continuing with the race to prevent him/her from causing greater harm or injury to himself/herself or others.
- The Race Organiser reserves the right to make any amendments to the race route that is deemed necessary for reasons of safety or requests made by local authority, police or any emergency service.
- The Race Organiser reserves the right to delay the commencement of the race in the event of inclement weather. Should inclement weather persist after a delayed start, the Race Organiser reserves the right to cancel the race in the Race Organiser’s sole discretion without further obligation and without any refund.
- Registered Runners who accept any assistance from any other person may be disqualified. Protests related to actions of any race official or runner will be accepted only in written form. Verbal protests will not receive responses. All decisions of the Race Organiser are binding.
- Registered runners are to complete their respective races within the following cut-off times; otherwise they will be deemed disqualified. Should they be allowed to continue after the cut-off time, the Race Organiser cannot guarantee their safety.
42.195KM Full Marathon – 8 hours
21.1KM Half Marathon – 4.5 hours
10KM Challenge Individual and Team of 4 / 5KM Fun Run Kids, Youth and Adult – 2.5 hours
NOTE: There might be staggered cut-off times at selected sections of the roads for the safety of our runners. More details will be released closer to race day.
- Registered Runners will only be entitled to win the prize money of their respective registered race category.
- Each runner is allowed only one prize.
- There will be strictly no transfer of prize money between race categories.
- Winners of all categories will be based on their respective GUN TIMES.
- The Race Organiser reserves the right to award the prizes according to allocated race categories.
- The winning cash monies will not be presented to the Race Winners on race day. The winning monies will be made via bank transfer to Race Winners within two months after race day.
- Please note that all prize monies are subjected to taxes for foreign athletes.
- All prizes not claimed within one (1) month from the race day will be forfeited and the Race Organiser will be at liberty to redistribute or dispose of them accordingly.
- Prizes must be taken, in the forms as presented by the Race Organise They are not transferable or exchangeable for cash and are subjected to the R&Rs and/or T&Cs as determined by the Race Organiser.
- All appeals regarding the race ranking of Prize Winners must be lodged within 15 minutes after the conclusion of the prize presentation.
- Prizes will not be awarded for the 5KM Fun Run Kids, Youth and Adult race categories as they are non-competitive and un-timed.
- The Race Organiser reserves the right to replace any winner if he or she is found to be disqualified.
- All Participants who successfully complete the race in his or her chosen race category will be awarded a Finisher’s Medal upon the presentation of his or her race bib to the respective officials.
- A 42.195KM Full Marathon participant will only be able to collect his or her Finisher’s T-shirt upon successful completion of the run within the stipulated cut-off time of 8 hours on race day. Sizes are on a first come first served basis.
- All Finisher’s Medals and T-shirts are to be collected on the race day. No requests thereafter will be entertained.
- All Participants who successfully complete the race in his or her chosen race category will be awarded an e-Certificate of Participation. The e-Certificate of Participation will be made available on the official website within a month after the race. This entitlement will not apply to Participants who are unable to complete the race within the stipulated cut-off timings, are disqualified or did not complete the race. * Applicable only to 10KM Challenge Individual and Team of 4, 21.1KM Half Marathon and 42.195KM Full Marathon participants. The e-Certificate of Participation is not applicable to 5KM Fun Run Kids, Youth and Adult participants as it is not a timed race category.
- Upon the completion of a successful registration, there will be no fee refund for a Participant who does not eventually take part in the race, for any reason whatsoever.
- Participants are strictly not allowed to transfer his or her race entry to another party.
- No change of race category is allowed after registration is completed.
- 1. Sundown Marathon and the Race Organiser shall assume no liability or responsibility for the acts or defaults of the merchant(s) or defects in the goods and services offered in the any of the race’s promotions. Sundown Marathon and the Race Organiser are not an agent of the merchant(s) who are directly or indirectly involved with the race. Any dispute(s) about the quality or service standards must be resolved directly with the respective merchant(s). The merchant(s) may impose conditions for the redemption of the goods or services.
- Sundown Marathon and the Race Organiser will not be responsible for any injury, loss or damage suffered as a result of the redemption or usage of the goods and services. While the information provided herein is believed to be reliable, Sundown Marathon and the Race Organiser make no representation or warranty whether expressed or implied, and accept no responsibility or reliability for its incompleteness or inaccuracy. Due efforts have been made to verify that all information is correct at the time of publication.
- Sundown Marathon and the Race Organiser reserves the right to use any photographs, motion pictures, recordings, or any other media recordings of participants (including, but not limited to, those of runners, runners’ supporters, volunteers and partners) of the Sundown Marathon, for any legitimate purpose, including commercial advertising. All copyright and intellectual property rights in and to the aforementioned belong to Sundown Marathon and the Race Organiser.